Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Sunday, January 31, 2010

Sunday with Sparkling Snow

Snow!
Sparkly Snow. Sparkly Snow on Sunday!


I can't stop taking photos of the snow. It usually disappears so fast around here. This time it may stick around though, since the temperature isn't supposed to get above freezing until Tuesday. It's so sunny right now even though it's only 22 degrees that I'm guessing we'll get some surface melting which will make for some dangerous road ice.I love the way it looks piled up against the wood fence in the front yard.
Doesn't the potted rosemary look like a miniature Christmas tree?


In addition to taking photos of the snow, I've been knitting on the Saroyan shawl. But I've also been reading, making soup, baking bread, and napping, so the progress is a little slower than I expected. I've finished the increase section and two repeats of the ten repeats of the middle section.


Still, I think I'll get most, if not all, of it done by the time I have to go back to school. Which will give me time to give it a little bath (I'm finally hooked on blocking) before giving it to my mom.


Steve and I watched the first three discs (six episodes) of Life On Mars, the British version, this weekend. It's interesting enough but a little uneven in quality I think. Still, I'm going to keep going with it since Steve likes it better than the Lynley series.
Now Steve's gone outside to shovel the walk and I'm going to get dressed so I can walk down to the beach and, you guessed it, take more photos!!

3 comments:

  1. The beach in the snow...that will make some nice photos!
    Your shawl looks very pretty. Is it the same yarn as the FM Cardi?
    What a lovely, slow weekend you're having. I think snow days are a wonderful way to remember that, in the old days, once winter came people moved inside by the fire to catch up with some leisurely activities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly...people didn't have to run to the convenience store or the video store, they just made food and entertained themselves. Actually, it wasn't so much entertainment as it was catching up on the work that needed done inside probably.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd still like a slice of that bread.

    You're really moving along on that shawl, aren't you? Even with the distractions, it's plain to see you're making progress. I love the emerging design.

    Wish we had a little snow. We've got the bitter cold and yesterday was brilliantly sunny. Today is just cloudy and freaking freezing.

    We walked to town last night and despite being bundled up, parts of us were freezing.

    Hope you get another snow day, tommorrow;-).

    ReplyDelete