Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Friday, January 29, 2010

Snow?

They're calling for snow around here starting tonight through Saturday night. Most areas are expecting six inches, but it looks like our little area closest to the water will only get three. Three inches counts as a blizzard around here. The only thing better than getting snow is getting out of the in-service day on Monday. I'm hoping for that.



More cute hearts here. And has anyone noticed a garland/bunting trend out there? I think Purl Bee started it as their New Year's craft idea and it's evolved into hearts in other places. Well here's some mini-bunting, sort of along the same theme. Very cute.
And as for the knitting; I'm enjoying the green scarf knitting at work but loving working on the Saroyan shawl. It makes me feel smarter even though it's a very simple pattern. But it looks like fourteen lines of code and I can do it! I've been able to do three repeats of the six repeat increase section and with the weekend coming up, I may be able to knock out the large middle section. If so, this may end up being a birthday gift for my mom, who turns 70 next Saturday.

2 comments:

  1. We are in the dark green part and are getting drenched...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fingers crossed that you get a little holiday on Monday - time to keep knitting that shawl.

    ReplyDelete