Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Wednesday, January 20, 2010

A New Book

In my quest to better understand my yarn stash, I purchased this after work this evening.

That's right. In order to save money by using the yarn I have, I spent money to buy a book to educate myself about it. I call that a win-win.

Seriously though, I've read some good reviews of this book and I've looked at it a number of times before finally succumbing to a clever marketing ploy by B&N; they mailed me an extra 15% off sticker. I mean, that's fate, right?

Plus, I did get rid of at least four bags of books this weekend and I'm in the middle of selling an old futon that's been taking up space in the garage. Rationalization, oh how I love you!

4 comments:

  1. I bought the same book for the same reason! LOL!

    My daughter is at George Washington University. She LOVES it. She could not wait to get out of the Midwest. Was your daughter also escaping?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for the book report and the show and tell of it all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen that book, too. It did seem like an interesting resource. Let us know how it helps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you ever get into spinning, you will want this book after all. And, even without the spinning, the book teaches a ton about different breeds and what their wool is like, what yarns are best from each breed, etc. It's endlessly fascinating. At least, to me it is.

    ReplyDelete