Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Sunday, January 17, 2010

Too Much Cleaning, Not Enough Knitting

I think we cleaned too much today. It's at the point where we keep moving things out of the room we're cleaning and junking up the rooms we're not. Which feels like a wash somehow.



On the plus side, both the bathroom and bedroom are totally clean. I've culled three (smallish) bags of books from my bookshelves, and Steve cleaned the kitchen floor. (I know, aren't I lucky?)



Tonight I'll get to sit in the sunroom and watch another episode or two of Masterpiece Theater with Thomas Lynley and Barbara Havers, assuming my dvd player doesn't skip the ending like it did with last night's episode. Is there anything more frustrating than watching a mystery only to miss the ending? That's why books are so much better. Except I can't knit and read at the same time. Oh, the injustice of it all!

1 comment:

  1. I would love to master the reading/knitting combo. Just can't get my eyes to focus properly...makes me seasick to try.

    Well done on the cleaning front...I really hate cleaning but I love the result. I guess I'm normal.

    ReplyDelete