Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Monday, January 18, 2010

Cleaning Hangover

I'm so tired today. For some unknown reason, I stayed up until 2 a.m. last night. Caffeine? Cleaning high? Whatever the reason, I feel like I have a hangover today, even though no alcohol was involved.


No cleaning today though. I need to recover. I met my mom for lunch, did a little grocery shopping, took a photo of a futon I want to sell and posted it to craigslist, and now I'm headed to the couch for more Inspector Lynley and knitting. This is what I'm working on, using yarn that's at least five years old and possibly moth infested. For some reason, every ten yards or so, the yarn is deteriorated to the breaking point. Either that or it's defective yarn. It seems as if I may be past the bad areas but we'll see.
I'm making the felted accessory bag from Weekend Knitting; I should add in some other yarns according to the pattern suggestion, but until I figure out what this yarn is doing, I'll stick with just the one. Besides, it's varigated and there's 200 yards of it, so I'll have plenty to do another if it's not totally ruined.
I need to do some school work but in true middle school mentality, I'll postpone that until the last minute.

4 comments:

  1. So my procrastination is just me being a late-bloomer. I knew it wasn't really a character flaw...thanks, Rose.

    If you had a bit of eyelash or novelty acrylic knit in a row or two it could make an interesting texture when you felt up your piece.

    I hate it when my yarn keeps breaking up. Looking forward to seeing the variegated yarn felted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't have thought about moths, but you may be right. I store most of my yarn in closed plastic bins with a bit of cedar and lavender.

    I'm looking forward to seeing the bag.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colors in that variegated yarn! I just bought some ribbon yarn today in very similar colors for a scarf for my sister-in-law.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You might be right about the moth infestation. Good thing you're planning to felt this! It will work out fine.

    ReplyDelete