Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Saturday, January 30, 2010

Snow is still falling.


Which gives me lots of time for web browsing. Isn't this is a great idea for shipping those college care packages?. I need to get the Valentine's Day ones together soon and I'm definitely going to try this. If I get busy, I may include a couple of these too. These look cute too, although I think I'd choose a different fabric? And why am I so fascinated with hearts these days??


Here's the shawl I'm obsessively working on; isn't it pretty?


And although I shouldn't have photographed this color on the identically colored couch, here is the scarf I work on at work. I think the pattern would be better with a more drapeable yarn than the Manos I'm using, but I think I'll keep it. Soaking it afterwards will soften it up and this is a warm yarn.




I have been taking breaks from the knitting and sitting and snow monitoring. Right now I have a batch of bread rising and a pot of beans soaking. I love doing both on snowy days. I used to bake bread all the time when I was a stay at home mom with small daughters but I haven't made any in years. My Kitchen Aid mixer with the dough hook makes it so easy I should do it every weekend but I always put it off. And I'm thinking of making these cookies, courtesy of a link from this blog.

1 comment:

  1. The shawl pattern is intriguing. I love the shaping detail.

    That manos will softer right up. I love wearing manos around my neck--doesn't itch a bit which is surprising for single ply yarns. I wish I could mix the colors of noro with the texture of manos. Now there would be a match made in heaven.

    ReplyDelete