Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Saturday, January 23, 2010

Blogs

I love the second scarf from this post, but mostly I loved the line "caffeinated as hell". That's the way I felt a couple of mornings this week, since I slipped and fell into my old habit of drinking iced coffee. I was jonesing for it today so I stopped by a WaWa on my way back from the library run. (And no, I wasn't in my pajamas.)



And what about this great idea for gift knits? I really have to remember this one when the mason jars go on sale. Talk about being done and done. This is why my blogroll is epic in length.


Speaking of my blogroll, YarnHarlot's was the first one I started reading about four (maybe five?) years ago. I had bought (or was gifted?) her first book and on the back was her blog address. So I started reading it. She was and is still so funny. Turns out today is her sixth blog-versary. I was thinking about my blog today and wondering about its purpose and what it means to me and what it means about me that I have one. Well, wouldn't you know it, that's a part of what her post is about. (Well, not about my blog, but you know what I mean.) Happy Blogversary Steph!

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean, the about me part of the blogging. It's a question I don't think I'll ever answer completely.

    Thanks for visting my blog, I wish I could respond directly but I don't have an email for you!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I've been reading the Harlot for a very long time. Years. Probably five if I think about it, but I'm not sure.

    Life would be dull without all my blog buddies. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete