Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Friday, January 22, 2010

Saturday

The dinner I photographed last night? For some reason, it wasn't done until 8:30, instead of 7, so we ate sandwiches and cereal instead and will dine on the porkloin dinner tonight.


Having a lazy, perfect Saturday. Lounging around in pajamas of course. (I wanted to say "natch" the way they always did in the Nancy Drew books, but figured it's a little odd.)



Just finished "The Lost Art of Gratitude". I really enjoy that particular series of his. Thought provoking and word play without being too weighty. Now I'm off to the library to return it and pick up another on my reserve list.


I used to receive the Chinaberry Books catalog when my daughters were young; if you have young children in your life, look it up. I ordered as often as I could afford it, but I also used it as a reference to locate good books in the library. It led me to a lot of good children's literature. The catalog also has a Good Reads for Adults section that I almost never bought from but always used to find books for me to read. I ran across the online catalog a week or two ago and selected a number of books from that section to reserve at my library. It's always a nice surprise when I read the auto-generated email message telling me my reserved book is ready for pickup. Like an unexpected gift.


So lovely, this poem. She always posts great poems, but this one is especially timely. I feel like I'm one of the few bloggers around that hasn't done anything for Haitian relief yet and I'm still not sure what I'm doing for it. This link from Ann & Kay has a lot of ideas from which to choose.

1 comment:

  1. Still in your jammies? I got up before the alarm clock today and headed off to the bakery to buy a treat for spinning circle. It was just a small group today, but we had fun.

    ReplyDelete