Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Saturday, January 30, 2010

Snowfall Update

Here's the bread dough getting ready to rise. And here are the finished loaves. Nothing smells better than baking bread.
This is a sight we don't get to see too much. Ice on the windows.


Some of our neighbors had a sled, and are making good use of it. We don't have hills, so I'm not sure where they're headed.



I included this photo because of the flag across the street. It's so windy that the flag is perpendicular to the ground.



I'm off now to ice my thumb which I burned when I was flipping the loaves of bread onto the cooling rack. It's throbbing like nobody's business. Might even cut into my knitting time, dammit!


2 comments:

  1. Just go outside and make a snowman. That'll cure your thumb!

    Your dangerous bread looks absolutely yummy. I wish I were nearby to sample some.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a lot of snow. I was in a spring-like mood after our sunny days here in WA State, but now the rain has set in for the past 2 days just to remind me that it's still winter.
    That bread looks yummy. I just made two loaves friday and off to bake some more now. My hungry family go through it so fast!!

    ReplyDelete