Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Saturday, January 16, 2010

More Yarn and Some Cleaning

Still mulling over the yarn/knitting dilemma, but swatching seems to be the way to go. Meanwhile, I've cast on for yet another pair of handwarmers, using a pretty blue with brown yarn. And I've finished the orange scarf, so of course we're getting warm weather now. No problem though, as it looks nice in my knitwear basket.

I also decided to thoroughly clean our bedroom today, which meant taking the duvet cover to the laundromat. Steve met me there after his audition (no word yet) and we had a nice little "date" time. When we got home, we moved all the furniture so I could use Murphy's Oil Soap on the floors and woodwork, and we also rearranged it, in addition to washing the curtains. I should have taken a before photo, but I guess that's not my style. Anyway, I'll take an after one before it's in disarray again. It feels a lot more open and it's definitely cleaner. One room a weekend seems to be a trend right now. The one room a month is for actually making changes, but trust me, the cleaning doesn't need to wait that long. It's been too long already.

Now I'm in my jammies (yes, again) and we're watching the football game while I rummage around in my knitting books and magazines. I love a three day weekend.

1 comment:

  1. I love the date night at the laundromat! Your weekend sounds lovely so far.

    Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

    ReplyDelete