Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Sunday, January 24, 2010

Felting & Process

I finished knitting the accessories bag last night and am in the process of felting it, along with the cat toy I had planned to give M#1 for Christmas.


I put each item in a pillowcase and in lieu of a zippered one, decided to tie it closed. It actually took me a few minutes to come up with something I could use as a tie.......


hey, how about some yarn!!


This is side one of the accessories bag,


and this is side two.I really like how the yarn pooled; I think it'll give it a nice watercolor effect.


And here's the cat toy. Very odd looking.
Steve asked me why I was photographing unfinished objects. Process, my dear, process.







2 comments:

  1. I use elastic bands...never thought of yarn. Very suitable.

    I like the colors, too. Can't wait to see it out of the pillowcase.

    Process, yes, very important. I think that knitters must enjoy process more than some people. One stitch after another after another...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've used yarn, too, but it has a way of working itself off the end of the bag and then the contents spill into the wash.

    I love the colors of the bag and the toy looks intriguing. I look forward to seeing the after pictures.

    ReplyDelete