Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Sunday, August 29, 2010

Summer is Over

Summer is over for me. Back to work tomorrow. I don't want to go; I'd rather continue sitting on the beach and knitting, but I don't think it would pay very well.




Here's a progress photo of the UVA scarf for my friend; I'd say it's half way done. I took this picture sitting on the beach Friday night.



Meanwhile, I also started the Hap Blanket from Ysolda's Whimsical Little Knits. I had the yarn already, so it's a stashbuster. I'm using four skeins of Plymouth Yarn Baby Grande Alpaca (one of my favorite yarns) and one skein of Manos Wool Classica. So soft.




I'm planning on it being a Christmas gift for my mom, but Mere thinks she won't like the colors, so I may end up with it, which would be fine too. It is basically a garter stitch square with a wide feather and fan border. It's knitting up quickly, so I may make another in different colors for my mom and then we'll all be happy!

4 comments:

  1. With your first paragraph, I picture you being dragged from the beach and off to serve your winter sentence. So sorry. It was your words that gave me the vision.

    Both projects are great! I love that you really do have sand in your yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, displaying that scarf on the sand is brilliant.
    Thinking of you as you go back t school today. Hope it's a good start.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies for your kind words! The funny thing about pre-school week is that I don't get the energy boost until the kids are there. It's like going on stage in a way, the energy comes from the audience. It's tiring but exhilirating to teach eighth graders, similar to walking a high wire tightrope. Hmm, all these analogies must mean I'm in teacher mode :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Or maybe dreaming of being in the circus?

    ReplyDelete