Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Earl

I am not happy tonight. I haven't had time to read blogs this week because by the time I get home, I collapse on the couch until it's time for bed. Except for the soak in the tub between couch and bed. So I miss my blogger friends. Just wanted you to know.

I'll have a chance to catch up some this weekend, unless I'm cleaning up after Earl. You've heard of Earl, haven't you? I sure hope he doesn't come to visit us.


We're in the orange zone right between two red zones. I'll keep you posted!

4 comments:

  1. I was thinking about you as I listened to the reports of Earl's path. Seemed like he was headed right for you.

    Hope you manage to escape.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ruth! I'm in the same orange space as you but further north...the beach is right outside my living room windows....A little Earl might be fun, nice surf?, cooler weather?.... a lot of Earl will be awful. I ll be thinking of you, esp when I am knitting or quilting with no electricity here.

    good luck!

    lizzy d.

    PS are you in an evacuation area? That always worries me, I d hate to have to leave my home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, we're expecting a visit from Earl as well, although he'll probably be just some rain and bluster by the time he gets to us. ANYTHING to break this heatwave we've been having!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stay safe! Put the yarn up, or better yet, pack it up and get to high ground!

    ReplyDelete