Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Sunday, September 19, 2010

Sunny Sunday

A gorgeous weekend here in OV. Clear, sunny, with temperatures peaking right around 80 degrees and cooling off to 70 degrees at night. (Side note: why did computer keyboards eliminate the degree symbol that typewriters used to have?) Steve and I sat on the beach this morning for an hour or so after breakfast (I had a fabulous Florentine Panini) and watched the dolphins playing in the water, while I graded some papers. A friend of mine came over later and she and I sat on the beach for a couple of hours, soaking up the sunshine. The windows have been open all weekend, letting the cooler breezes flutter the curtains. I love fall, and fall at the beach is even better. Yesterday was filled with errands, so I feel virtuous enough to enjoy the relaxed pace of today. And I graded half of the notebooks last night when I was unable to sleep; I'll do the rest tonight while watching Masterpiece Theater.

I really want to work on the sleeves of my Mondo Cable pullover, but I won't until the notebooks are done. I need/want to finish the sweater in time to wear it to Rhinebeck this year, so that'll be my motivation. I worked on the Hokie scarf project (that used to be a cowl project) while sitting on the beach today. I had tried two different cowl patterns but kept messing up the one I liked and I didn't like my substitution plan, so I started a scarf using this pattern. I like it much better and I won't have to worry about whether the recipient can get it over her head or not. Or if she even likes cowls. Not everyone does, or so I'm told, though I don't understand the concept, do you?

Looking forward to school tomorrow, as I have what may turn out to be the best group of students I've ever had!! Crazy, huh?



I've lost a total of 17.4 lbs in the six weeks I've been on Weight Watchers, which makes me very happy. Even got to wear a skirt today that I've been wanting to wear for awhile!

5 comments:

  1. DANG MAMA! Congratulations! can you just tell me what you've been eating everyday so I don't have to pay? : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. The beach sounds lovely. Wish I was there.

    17.4 pounds? Awesome, girlfriend. Absolutely awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow--that is some amazing weight loss. I'm down 25 in 5 months--slow and steady.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I posted before but the 'puter seems to have eaten it.

    Love that new scarf pattern you've chosen...I queued it, too.

    Way to go on the WW...you must be feeling really good - inside and out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay on your weight loss and having the best students ever and on grading papers on the beach! love hearing that you're happy.

    ReplyDelete