Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Friday, August 20, 2010

Blanket & Beach

I finished the seaming!!



Thanks to Big Eden and Invictus, I finished up all the seaming. The only thing left to do is pick up and knit a border. The pattern calls for a double color border, which I may or may not do, depending on my mood and how I think it looks after one color.





As I said before, the seaming wasn't as crazy-making as I thought it would be. And I enjoyed playing with color and stitch patterns.

Now I'm off to the beach, cause it's Beach Friday!

8 comments:

  1. That came out great! I love the variety of textures and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks awesome! I love the colors and patterns. I can't wait to see the edging.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work. That will be someone's treasure, for sure! Enjoy the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is just stunning! Whoever gets it will be very lucky.

    I love blankets like that but I'm always afraid that my squares will be unequal and impossible thus to seam!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rose, it's just beautiful. Congratulations on all that seaming and sewing. You did an outstanding job on what is very obviously, a labor of love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulation, Mother! Glad to see you finally found a pattern worthy of your praise...

    ReplyDelete
  7. (I meant the above statement in the most loving way :] )

    ReplyDelete