Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Thursday, August 26, 2010

A Blanket and A Book

I finished the baby blanket for my friend/coworker! I elected to do only one border instead of the two color border suggested by the pattern. I think it's busy enough without it and my hands thank me for that decision.
Here is a closeup of the garter stitch border.
And as my reward, I bought this book. It has some beautiful projects that I can't wait to start. It may be even better than her first book!

If you haven't seen it, check it out at here!

4 comments:

  1. That is the absolute cutest baby blanket!

    The book does look tempting. I may have a moratorium on buying yarn ... but I never said anything about books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blanket is absolutely adorable! Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I agree that the single color border works better than two. It's simpler and less busy. Nice that your hands can get arest, too>

    Isn't that cover hat the cutest thing?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the blanket - and I think your border is perfect :)

    ReplyDelete