Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Monday, August 9, 2010

Poetry & Other Randomness. On a Monday.

How do you feel about poetry? I love it, although I feel as if I miss much of what is meant by the poet. Thankfully, I have A Tidings of Magpies on my blogroll, and therefore get to read lots of wonderful poetry. Don't know how I missed this one the first go round, but it's lovely. I don't think students read Fun with Dick and Jane any longer, and for good reasons I'm sure, but it certainly is familiar to anyone of my generation. The ability to read is one of the most incredible gifts; I can't imagine a life without it. I can't imagine my life without it.




I'm thinking I may make a few of these to wear to school next month; who knows, it may compete with the silly band fever!



This water bottle cozy would also be a nice thing to take to school.



I really like this skirt but I imagine it'll look a lot cooler on twenty-somethings rather than fifty-somethings.



Another gorgeous baby sweater; does anyone know how to use Google translator?



Does it amaze you as much as it does me how much talent and creativity is out there?

Learning curve going on here. I just transferred all my photos to an external hard drive, then deleted them from my puny laptop in the hopes that they are safe AND that the laptop works faster. Of course I had to transfer one back so I could keep my background photo. Anyone know about this "new" technology?


And thank you, thank you for all the positive comments about my latest endeavor. I'm thinking of calling it "50 at 50". I don't think I need to explain further. Steve and I walked this morning and are biking tomorrow morning, so I think I can safely say we're cross-training, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment