Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Let the S(cr)eaming Begin!

Why did I think making a baby blanket out of squares would be a good idea?


See the center square? I think it's a little scary, like a screaming mouth. Or maybe that's just me, screaming at the thought of
ALL. THIS. SEAMING. Not to mention the fact that I had to decide how all the squares would go together.


I think I decided on the last "group" photo as my layout, then I numbered the squares and stacked them up. Somehow I'm still short a square; despite my belief that I've knit 45 squares, it turns out I only have 24. If I had a cat or dog, I'd swear the squares were being stolen and hidden away, but I don't so it must be my poor math skills.

And after I seam these all together, I get to pick up a bajillion stitches to knit a cohesive border around it. Twice. According to the directions.

See you on the other side.

5 comments:

  1. Glad you mentioned that missing square. I kept looking back and forth trying to see if I was missing something.
    I know exactly what you mean...it is a big job. But the results will be worth it - it's going to be lovely. And when you look at it all done, you won't believe that it was so much work. Like those fables about 'forgetting childbirth'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's going to be absolutely gorgeous!

    You know, Rose, you are a beautiful Knitter. You'll be a most excellent seamstress by the end of this!

    I wish you all of the patience in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The last square... Cheer up! You can do this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome colourful blanket!

    ReplyDelete