Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Thursday, August 19, 2010

A Mini-Post

I'm almost done seaming the baby blanket; photo tomorrow, promise! Then I get to knit a border! Surprisingly the seaming was much less tedious than I expected; I actually enjoyed doing it. The only reason it's taking so long is all the last minute stuff Stef and I are doing before she leaves for college. Until tomorrow, I'll leave you with these two random things I'm thinking about this week.


Do you ever feel like you want to knit a lot of things, really quickly? I'm feeling that now, probably because the summer is winding up (down?). I find myself looking at my yarn collection and thinking, "Hmm, if I double strand that, I could make a really cool scarf and use up twice the yarn as normal!". I'm also clicking on all kinds of knitting patterns on Ravelry and thinking, "I could knit that before I go back, couldn't I?"


I just read this really interesting post on spinning that will give me something to think about for awhile. Steve's been encouraging me to learn to spin and I've been rejecting the idea for fear of having another "hobby" that takes up more room and money, but after reading that post, I may have to reconsider. What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. I've always thought spinning sounded cool, but I think my husband would divorce me if I took on another hobby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know my mantra: No new hobbies!

    However, it's so sweet that Steve supports your crafting live. Keith would like to unload my craft room into a dumpster! (I think he's joking...)

    ReplyDelete