Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Back to School Countdown

Stef's move-in went smoothly, mainly because it had been done in stages. Steve and I only had to take a few things up to her Sunday, so it allowed us all time to go to a cool diner for brunch. It's called Dot's Back Inn and it was featured on Divers, Drive-Ins, and Dives. I'm not sure how Steve found out about it but it's one of the reasons I love traveling with him. We also had time to walk the route with Stef that she'll need to take to get to class; it will only take her about ten minutes, so that was reassuring, since this is her first year at this school and she's living off campus.



Meanwhile, my last week clean out is still underway. Steve helped me get down all of the storage bins I have in the attic.

The only things in these bins are clothes and it's embarrassing how many I actually have, but I wanted to get them all down and purge as much as possible and then sort the remainder into logical categories. My previous storage system was to stuff things in a bin whenever I was overwhelmed with the amount of clothes hanging in my closet that didn't fit, so there was no way for me to easily find anything. I only worked on this project about an hour Sunday night and an hour yesterday and I've already filled two big trash bags, slated for the thrift store. I'm hoping to finish up today.


And now that I'm on the way to a more streamlined closet, here's a cool way to use up some of my yarn! Although I doubt I'll actually do it, you never know. And keeping with the organizational theme of this post, check out this idea over at the knitty blog. I love it!

1 comment:

  1. That diner looks awesome. I'm glad you're starting to pare things down. It really is liberating once done!

    ReplyDelete