Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Not So Scary

It turns out that the 25th square was in my beach bag (just a little sandy), so I got to start the seaming of squares without further delay. And it also turns out that seaming them isn't so bad. I've managed to put two rows of five together and I've decided to sew those two strips together before continuing. That way it'll be done faster, right?

I took time out to make a small batch of Gingered Pear Preserves. It was supposed to make two pints but it was a little short. I think I must have skimped on the pears, which is strange since I have so many of them falling out of the tree in the front yard. I'm going to try to make another batch tomorrow. With photos of the finished product.

3 comments:

  1. Loved catching up on all of your adventures and how your find the cutest yarn shops everywhere you visit. Your blanket is awesome - all these different squares come together perfectly! Just walked my dogs in the dark - then came over here to see that the moon in only 7% full - great button!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see the blanket--glad the last square turned up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see your blanket. That baby is going to be cosy and colorful.

    ReplyDelete