Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Saturday, August 28, 2010

Spinning

Spinning may be in my immediate future, despite all of my protests that I don't need another hobby. First, Rudee posted about this beautiful thing, then Amy at knittyblog posted about this one. By the time I get to Rhinebeck this year, I fear I'll succumb at the drop of a spindle.





I lost another three pounds this week, bringing my total loss to 11.4 pounds!

4 comments:

  1. OOH the spindle! You'll be hooked. Well done on the weight loss and I love the baby blanket. What a true treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bwahahahahahaha!!

    Just do yourself a favor and buy easy to spin fiber to learn with. BFL roving should work just fine. You know, I was snooping around and see a local yarn store in your area has spinning lessons. I still love my trindle. If you want one of these, search out Gale Evans at the festival. She sells her own pretty fiber and the trindles. BTW, the fellow who makes the trindles is a science teacher in Georgia.

    Welcome to the dark side.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Rose, I think I envy you! I have tried the spindle - it didn't like me. Maybe if I'd had Rudee to advise? Or one of those cool trindles!
    Good luck! And congrats on the next few pounds.

    ReplyDelete