Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Saturday, August 14, 2010

Work In Progress

I'm half way through seaming the baby blanket and it's actually nowhere near as tedius as I expected. And just as Rudee predicted, I'm getting a lot better at mattress stitch!
The top two rows are sewn together already and the middle row is ready to add to it.
I also took time yesterday to knit up a baby hat for my hair stylist who's baby is due the end of the month.

I knit most of it while sitting on the beach yesterday with some friends from work, and finished it up last night. I'm also going to give her the Juniper Bonnet I made a couple of months ago because I think it's such a pretty little thing. I just have to find the right ribbon for the ties.

And last but not least, I completed my first week on WW and lost 6 pounds! The first week is always the most dramatic but it's good for my motivation. The average loss is usually 1-2 pounds per week, which is why it's such a healthy way to lose. The bonus is that I had more energy this week too.

Happy weekend!

5 comments:

  1. Yes, Rose.....well done! .....and 6lbs is not to be sniffed at.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's looking beautiful! Congratulations on the WW success. That is indeed a big deal--especially since you're doing it the right way. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that blanket, but I'm not sure I have the patience for that much seaming!

    I'm joining WW today! I'm going to try the online program. I think 6 pounds is amazing! I've never lost more than 3 in a single week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute hat and the blanket looks like it is coming along nicely! Great colours in the blanket.

    ReplyDelete