Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Sunday, January 23, 2011

Weekend Edition

In addition to spending a lot of time in my pajamas, sleeping late, taking naps, and knitting, I tried something new this weekend. I used my Fast Vegetarian Feasts cookbook to make up a few soups for the upcoming week. I made a batch of split pea and rice soup and garlic and celery soup, and now I have three quarts of each ready to heat up for dinners this week. Plus I still have leftovers from the dish I made for Saturday night's dinner, a potato and eggplant casserole (sounds weird but tasted good).

I watched the third episode of Downton Abbey tonight; still enjoying it. I saw the first episode, but missed the second one due to the Golden Globes. I love Masterpiece Theatre.

Now it's off to bed. After knitting a few more rows of the birthday scarf.

3 comments:

  1. When the kids were at home, I would always cook up a storm on Sunday evenings. I really need to get back into that. It's so nice to eat well during the week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soup is my very favorite food group. We freeze a lot , too. Good fast food.

    I'm enjoying Downton Abbey as well. There we are - in our jammies with our knitting - watching together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed catching up with you. So sorry about your friend. I just wrote about health on my blog - it's truly all we need. Love how you organize your yarn enough to leave it out - mine in jammed in drawers with cedar blocks. Sounds like a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete