Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Monday, January 10, 2011

New Day

Despite continued (continual?) minor but aggravating health issues (once my immune system gets compromised, the problems usually multiply exponentially), I have a more positive attitude this morning. I have written my daily pages, per Julia Cameron, two days in a row now, which I'm counting as success. And the lovely, encouraging comments were helpful as well, thank you!

I also am making good progress on the UVA sock, using PurlBee's Fishnet Anklets pattern and finding it interesting and quick. Not sure if the lace pattern will be comfortable on the bottom of the foot, but when I tried stockinette, it looked too small. Not sweating it though; I can always rip back!
In addition, I've started a PDA case from AlterKnits, one of my favorite browsing books; it's like a coffee table knitting book in my opinion, with gorgeous photos of artistic looking people and projects, with creativity exercises throughout the pages. I may even try my hand at needle felting or at the very least, embellishing it in some way!
Back to the root canal doctor this afternoon. Hope your day is a good one!

3 comments:

  1. Good luck at the Doctor's you have had way to much pain. Hope you are better in every way,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope that tooth pain is finally over for you. Knitting can't be bad for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. good luck with the teeth. I hate dental problems. Love the blue and orange socks. Syracuse Colors!!

    ReplyDelete