Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Monday, January 3, 2011

Intentions

A nasty cold-type virus was not the way I planned to start 2011, but that's the way it goes sometimes. It hit me on New Year's Eve and pinned me to the couch. I got well enough to go back to work today, so at least it was a short term thing. The other upside was that Steve rented the fourth season of Bones for me, so to repay him, I knit him a pair of socks, per his request. (He had asked for them right before I got sick.) This was the fastest pair of socks I ever knit! He's pretty happy about them.

As for my New Year's intentions, I had planned to write a very thoughtful post outlining and explaining my plans for this year, but since the cold muddled my brain and my schedule, here's the gist of it: I want to be kinder and I want to increase my creativity. I hope to expand on these two intentions soon, but in the interest of time, I thought I'd go on and put them out there now.

Happy New Year, only three days late!

4 comments:

  1. So sorry you ended the year with a nasty virus. Very unfair!

    I like your goals of kindness and creativity, so I'm going to steal them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great socks.

    Sorry about the viral pollution. Hope you're better now, Rose. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! A record job with those socks. They look great.
    Hope you're beating that virus back into 2010.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looking socks. They look like they are a perfect fit. He should be happy with them...he is very lucky!

    ReplyDelete