Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Thursday, January 20, 2011

At Sixes and Sevens

Where does that phrase come from? Is it a British saying? Regardless of the origin, it describes my feelings about this week. Missing my friend, the girls back at school, more teeth trouble, going through the days in a kind of fog that has matched the grey weather we're having. I know I'll be back to normal soon, but for now, I'm just kind of trudging through the days. I must have started half a dozen posts that seemed pointless. Even this one is fairly incoherent I think.

But.

Knitting has helped. Making lots of little baby hats for gifting, reorganizing the yarn baskets and clearing out a few skeins was therapeutic.

Talking to my daughters has helped. My students' hugs and humor have helped.


By the way, Twist Collective's February Finish Fest sounds like a good idea, especially since I've already started finishing some long neglected projects. Hopefully the weather will be nice enough to take some photographs this weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Yarn always helps. SOmetimes I just go into my yarn closet and smell the yarn when I am having a bad day...or week. Hope yours is looking up soon,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yarn and knitting always seem to make things better. I hope you get things settled with your teeth. That could be the root of all of your problems--pun not intended, but there you go.

    I've been pondering all of my WIPs, but newly cast on projects keep getting in my way. How does that happen?

    ReplyDelete