Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Wednesday, January 26, 2011

I must be butter.....

. . .cause I'm on a roll. That's a lame line my sister says that always makes me laugh.

After visiting the endodontist Monday after work, I think the problems I've been having with my teeth are nearly fixed. My mouth is starting to feel normal after a month of aggravation. A few more trips to the dentist should finish it all up. Oddly enough, I feel like my worst fears about my teeth have been realized with all of this, so now there's nothing left to worry about, dental-wise.

Thanks to all the rest I had this past weekend, I've been crazy productive at work this week; cleaning out the storage room that's part of my classroom, enrolling for the second course for my gifted education endorsement, applying for the Virginia Department of Education's Standards Committee, giving midterm exams, wrapping up the end of term grading, and planning an inservice presentation. Tomorrow is an early release day for the students, who then get a four day weekend, while I have a workday on Friday and an inservice day on Monday. No matter, the end of a grading period is always a good time to plan a fresh start and I'm making the best of it.

As for knitting, I'm at 50 inches on the scarf for my mom's birthday gift, which is a full week and a half away, so that's a done deal. I've frogged a project or two and put the yarn back in the stash, and I'm working on another pair of socks that I started awhile back. I have a couple of project ideas simmering in my mind, but I'm almost at an overload point, so I think I need to put them all down on paper (or on the blog) so I can prioritize. I even went to a knit night last night at my local yarn store. The women were really nice but I couldn't help but wonder why I was sitting on a folding chair knitting instead of in my pajamas on my couch. How about you? What's your take on knitting groups?

4 comments:

  1. And I must be jelly cuz jam don't shake like that!

    I like knitting circles sometimes. I enjoy them most when I go to a friend's home or host a knit night myself. More cozy than a store.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have only been to one knitting group...it didn't make me happy and I never went back. I agree with you, Rose and I was thinking the same thing. Maybe it was because I didn't know everyone as well as they knew each other. Maybe with a closer attachment to the people I'd have had a better time. Hard to say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Knit groups can be fun - but I think you have to feel like talking more than knitting to thoroughly enjoy it - and have a stockinette something on the needles. I really relish being alone on my couch, or in front of the TV with my family and knitting at home. I occasionally get together with others to knit, and it really is about the getting together more than knitting a stitch:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your input, it helped me think about it. Cause I love to be social and I love knitting, so what could be better? I may give it a couple of more tries, but it's hard during the school year, so maybe I'll try in the summer. And Rudee, I love your jelly/jam quip! I'll have to pass it on to my sister!

    ReplyDelete