Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Sunday, December 5, 2010

Winter Wonderland

We had a dusting of snow on the ground this morning. (Also, our Christmas tree had blown over.) Even this microscopic amount is pretty exciting around here.

One day I'd like to make or receive this lovely advent calendar from PurlBee. Isn't it great? But until then, I'll continue to make do with our old Christmas mouse one that I think I got from Avon about twenty-five years ago. Besides, my girls won't let me retire that one anytime soon. Oddly enough, I saw it in a movie a year or two ago; the one with Reese Witherspoon and where they had to visit all four sets of parents in one day? I couldn't believe it!


Steve and I had a lovely Saturday. We went out to brunch, ran a few errands, hung around the house some, and then did a neighborhood/small business open house in West Ghent. There were houses all lit up,small fires to warm us up,even trees for sale. Oh, and caroling, and free wine and snacks!I thought this house was lovely.And this garden gate was pretty ambitious.It was just cold enough that I got to wrap up in lots of handknits which gave me an oh so Christmas-y feeling.


I worked on my paper and project for my UVA class today and whenever I took a break, we worked on getting our tree up and decorated. It's all done (the tree, not the project and papers) and looks so pretty. Normally I don't put it up this early, but I'm having a girls only gathering/party next Sunday, and my final class on Saturday, so having this done is a big help. Now I have to start wrapping some presents!

4 comments:

  1. I love the Advent calendar! What a great gift that would be for that crafty someone on my list. Maybe next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That calendar is a great idea - all year! But I'd have a great time opening all the little gifts.

    It looks cold there even without a lot of snow. All the lights are so pretty, especially that gate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Christmasy looking. Love all the lights and your tree!

    ReplyDelete