Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Thursday, December 16, 2010

Snow Day

My school division called a snow day today in anticipation of snow and icy rain. I plan on enjoying it just as soon as I get some relief from this aching tooth.



Steve and I have been cooking all week for his branch's open house; he puts on a lavish spread for his customers. We made four pans of lasagna, two pans of macaroni and cheese, sweet potato casserole, beef kabobs, and he's picking up a spiral ham as well. I don't remember what else he's having, but that's only about half.



After he left for work, I cleaned out the cabinets, threw some old rice krispie cereal out in the yard for the birds, and when I get home from the dentist, I'm making chicken noodle soup and cleaning out the refrigerator. Then I plan to wrap my Christmas presents and knit while watching season two of Bones, my new favorite rental. I picked it up on the way home from work yesterday in anticipation of the day off.

Change of plans: Went to the dentist, can't get the root canal until tomorrow, and it took over an hour to drive what is normally a twenty minute route home, thanks to the snow that started falling while I was in the dentist's office. I'm cranky and in pain and feel like I've been cheated out of enjoying the lovely snow. Taking a nap instead of doing any of the plans I made. Back later.

1 comment:

  1. If we called a snow day for every bad forecast, we'd hardly go to school between Dec. 1 and Feb. 28!

    Actually I remember how terrifying it is when southerners drive in snow!

    ReplyDelete