Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Days of Snow & Soup

Steve and I went out for coffee this morning and wandered into the ODU bookstore afterwards to browse the sale books. I bought a copy of Felt Jewelry and Billy Collins' Ballistics at thrift store prices. After I made my selections, I sat down with a copy of Artful Blogging and was excited to read interviews by Leslie, of A Friend to Knit With, and Sarah, of Thistle Downs Wool Design, blogs I keep on my blog roll and love to read. I thought it was pretty exciting. The rest of the magazine gave me some ideas I may incorporate into my creative life and as a result, onto my blog. Still mulling though.

Steve and I walked down to the beach after we got home; it was much warmer than the other day, but the horizon looked so unusual. Still some snow remaining on the dunes, but not much of it left on the sand. It was a lovely walk, though.


Here's one of the project bags I ordered from Ysolda; I ordered three different designs and this one is Stef's. The other two left the house before being photographed. So sweet.


Finally took a photo of the red scarf I originally intended for myself, but am now going to gift to a friend instead.





Here's what's newest on the needles: a Thermis cowl using the Quince & Co yarn I bought for myself, right before Christmas. So very soft, and I loved making the Thermis pattern last year and have been wanting to make another.


As for the soup, we've had vegetable, vegetarian chili, and now I've got a large pot of potato soup simmering on the stove. Snow always makes me want to hunker down and make bread and soup. Basic comfort food, especially after all the excess of Christmas feasting, don't you think?

1 comment:

  1. Love that you are all walking along the beach in the snow - and wind! so wonderful that you were able to spend the quality time with all your girls - i truly feel that's all kiddos (of any age) need! Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete