Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Sunday, December 19, 2010

A Purely Knitting Post

I decided that since I'm way behind on posting about finished knitting projects, I'd try and catch up here.

I finished my mom's sweater! I definitely learned that I can make a sweater in one month if I dedicate myself to it. Good information for me to know. I'm really happy with it, especially the neckline and the waist shaping. I really hope she loves it. One of the Regular Guy beanie hats, using the Brooklyn Tweed inspiration.
Toasty handwarmers, thumbs still to add, using Noro Kuryeon. Fraternal twins.


Seed stitch bracelet from More Last Minute Knitted Gifts for my friend, Laura. Button jar diving time. This is in lieu of a larger project using this yarn that will have to be completed after Christmas.


Two more Regular Guy Beanies.





A Brooklyn Tweed Noro scarf; didn't love the color combo on this one, but it'll be warm.



Another pair of Toasty's using the Plymouth Boku yarn I bought in Connecticut. I really like these.




A scarf using my favorite scarf yarn, Baby Grande Alpaca. Soft, soft, soft, perfect for wrapping around one's neck. K1, P1, nothing fancy.




So that pretty much catches my knitting posting up, with the exception of a surprise project that I'll post about after Christmas. Exciting!
Toothache slowly getting better but still on meds for pain. Yuck. Back to wrapping presents to put under the tree!

4 comments:

  1. Your mom's sweater is fantastic! I love the color, the neckline. Great work.

    And you've been knitting up a storm with all those little things, too. Nice.
    Glad your not in so much pain today. Keep well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your mom's sweater, too, and I'm sure she'll love it because it's beautiful and it came from your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sweater for your Mom is beautiful! You did a fantastic job. All your other knitting items are great. I think you will be making many people very happy this Christmas. Glad your tooth is getting better.
    Have a great day,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much goodness here! Your mom will love the sweater - it's fabulous. Hope your tooth is all better by now so that you can enjoy these few weeks off. I really enjoyed your chicken and orzo post - i will make that even though a certain middle child finds sun dried tomatoes offensive. and i love eating out of thrifted plates too - they're so special yet somehow not precious. Have a wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete