Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Thursday, April 29, 2010

Thursday


A New Skill

Is there a skill related to your hobby that you hope to learn one day? maybe you’re a crocheter who’d also like to knit? Maybe you’d like to learn to knit continental, knit backwards, try cables or attempt stranded colourwork.
Oddly enough, I just purchased The Happy Hooker, so that I can relearn some crochet. I want to do it primarily so I can help my oldest step-daughter make granny squares, but I've also been drawn to it over the past couple of months as I've read about the pot-holder swap that many bloggers are participating in. Also, there are some knitting projects that suggest a crocheted edge, so I want to have that particular trick in my bag.
As for knitting? Stranded colorwork is probably the next goal but I'm not itching to do just yet. Call it a distant goal.

2 comments:

  1. Crochet always sounds interesting and is beautiful. I'm befuddled by the relative paucity of needles. I feel like I have 2 left hands when I try to crochet.

    Stranded color work is easier than it looks and has the right amount of needles.

    Word Verification: miters (lol--it's on my list)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crochet is something I did for many years along wit knitting. Not sure why I stopped the crochet - probably a time thing.
    It's actually a lot easier and faster than knitting but the fabric it creates is very different. I think you'd like it - and it would be useful for knitting, too. Definitely a win-win.

    ReplyDelete