Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Spring Break Thrifting

I went to the thrift store again this morning, this time to look for fabric. I found this sweet juice glass; I don't know why the faded colors appealed to me so much but they did and for 49 cents it was mine. I also found four of these little dishes at 99 cents apiece. Again, the flowers look faded but I liked them.
I looked through the sheets mostly, so I can make a couple of rugs. I don't know what I'll do with the two lion pillowcases but the colors were so retro that I couldn't resist. $1.99 for the pair. Cute expressions, even with the fangs.


This pale print is from another pair of pillowcases, also for $1.99.


I bought this queen flat sheet for the shells. Not sure I'll cut it up though, maybe use it for the beach? $1.49



This was probably the best deal of the day. I got both a flat and fitted sheet, queen size, for $1.75. I'll definitely cut up the fitted sheet for the planned rug, but will hold off on the flat. I love the flowers, I think they're larkspur?


I also bought a full solid yellow matelasse' bedspread that I'll definitely use to make a rug, as it has some stains on it that need cut out. I'm thinking of using that one for M2's room, as the floor looks quite bare.

I have quite a few tablecloths I've bought in the past, planning to use them as fabric but I am really reluctant to cut them up. I'm sure once I make something I like, I'll be less hesitant.


I went to the beach again for an hour or so after the thrift store visit; it's another hot and sunny day here. Now I'm cooling off inside, playing with fabric and reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment