Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Monday, Monday, Can't Trust That Day

 I didn't want to go to work yesterday after having had such a wonderfully relaxing weekend.  Sometimes weekends like that make me feel all energized and raring to go, but this time all I wanted to do was stay home another day (or two).  But alas, I am not independently wealthy, so off to work I went.  Turns out, part of the reason was that a migraine was coming on.  It has been such a long time since I had one, that I didn't recognize the symptoms.  Anyway, I made it through the day and ended up going to a doc in the box last night for a shot and meds.  After a good night's sleep, I feel fine today, thank goodness.  (edited to add:  not fine, but better.  I think I overestimated my recovery, but at least it's exam today, so the students are quiet.  Mostly.)



The beach looked really different yesterday, due to a heavy fog.  My daily photo session is such a lovely start to my day.


I already finished the Soft Basket; not sure where i'm going to use it, but I like it.  (playing with my hipstamatic app)


And now I'm starting my next project, the Gator Gaiter, using a Manos silk/wool blend in a luscious color.  I really like my 2012 Knitting Books project plan!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you're feeling better. Migraines are awful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about your migraine, I had one on Sunday and Monday that knocked my socks off. It feels so nice to not be in pain. Hope you have recovered.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete