Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Thursday, October 14, 2010

Prep Work

I know no one feels sorry for me, going on a lovely trip to see my daughter, but it feels like I've had to work really hard this week to get ready for it (substitute plans, laundry, etc.) and I know I'll have to work really hard next week to catch up (a million papers to grade, graduate class deadlines, etc.)

Regardless of all the extra work, I'm so excited about this trip! Cool, crisp weather up there, sweaters and knits packed, Rhinebeck, trains, planes, knitting, a magazine to read; I love traveling, especially when I'm headed to see one of my daughters.

I'm hoping to fix this soup when I return (you have to scroll down for it), hoping the cool, crisp weather follows me back home.

2 comments:

  1. This is going to be awesome. I do feel for you about the added on work. It's hard enough to get through a regular day without a glitch. The reward are fabulous: Rhinebeck and your daughter.

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful weekend! Enjoy your daughter. Have fun at Rhinebeck. Please don't bring back any colder weather - it's cool enough around here. You look beautiful in the pink tee from the previous post!

    ReplyDelete