Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Saturday, October 2, 2010

October

Wow. I just cannot get over how well this school year is going. I am enjoying every day so much. I stay so busy during the week that I haven't had much time to blog, other than the weekends, but that's okay too.



I've been working on my mondo cable sweater, so I can wear it to Rhinebeck. I finished one sleeve and am half way through the other, so I tried it on last night. The "finished" sleeve is too short, so I'm going to lengthen it after I finish the second one. The bottom edge of the body curls up more than I like, but I'm hoping blocking will fix it. Anyone have any ideas about that plan?






I forgot to show this cute pincushion that Mere made for me. Isn't it adorable?








Even though we had the equivalent of a monsoon for two days this past week, with a total of 7 inches of rainfall in 24 hours, today is a gorgeous, fall Saturday. Steve and I went out for breakfast and ran a few errands, and now he's off to the garden store for soil and I'm going to do a little housekeeping. The windows are open, the music is on, and life is good here by the bay.






Wanted to share an updated photo of my "nature table", the ledge under my kitchen window where I like to display my beach finds.





Exciting weigh-in news! I lost 4 pounds this week, which brings me to a grand total of 23.6 lbs in 8 weeks. I'm really enjoying the experience of wearing "new" clothes that have been packed away. And I just noticed this morning that my hips and joints haven't been hurting much lately either, which was one of my reasons for losing weight. Yippee!!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the WW continued success. It's incredible how excess weight can hurt our joints.

    As for the hem of your sweater, is it stockinette? I think that sometimes a curled hem is a cute design element.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has a K4P1 border for five rows, but I don't want extra attention drawn to my middle, if you know what i mean :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy for your good start to the school year. And, way to go with the WW! Nice to get those clothes out of the cupboard.

    Your sweater will probably respond to the blocking. It's not a very strong rib which is probably why it wants to curl.

    Thanks for the vote on my color post. Unfortunately, only one vote per but you can change your mind and try again:)

    ReplyDelete