Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Tuesday, July 13, 2010

A Little Sewing, A Little Knitting

I had a lazy day yesterday, while Steve and S went up to Richmond for VCU's orientation. Other than meeting my mom for lunch, I mostly just puttered around. I did a little sewing and a little knitting and that's about it.
I made a new throw rug for my kitchen, using a piece of thrifted fabric and a thrifted towel. I like it a lot, but Steve and S were not as pleased.
One thing's for sure, it's comfortable to stand on while doing dishes, and I like its summery look. Plus, I used one of the fancy stitch settings to top stitch it.
I'm not as happy with this one. Either I'm out of practice or I'm doing something wrong, but I'm having a lot of problems keeping the towel from stretching out of line when I'm seaming. Plus this one is on the small side.

I am back to where I was on the Citron before I had to rip out. I'm only knitting on it at home, to eliminate having to stop in the middle of the row. Still love the way it looks.



Today is another free day, although tomorrow is packed. And then either Thursday, Friday, or Saturday, I get to meet a blogger friend, Caffeine Girl ! She's coming to a town near me and we're making plans to meet up. I'm thinking there may be a yarn store visit in my immediate future.

3 comments:

  1. Oh how exciting your day sounds tomorrow! Have fun. And, ahem, where is your lifeline?

    I think your rugs are clever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yes, I noticed that, too, Rudee. It does look really pretty- like a tall summer drink.

    Love the kitchen rug that you made - bright and fun for summer.

    Relaxing times..good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The kitchen rug is a great idea, and I love the cheery print.

    ReplyDelete