Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Monday, December 26, 2011

St. Stephen's Day


We had gorgeous weather for Christmas this year; so much so that I took a walk on the beach Christmas morning. 


I went down to the water again this morning and while it was still beautiful, it was much windier.  See (and hear) the difference in the surf?



All the kids are coming over this evening for the Feast of St. Stephen, even though we did our gift exchanging on Christmas Eve this year.  I have found that it pays to be flexible with all of our grown children, as they have many other places to visit during this time of year.  Every year it seems the plans need tweaking, and that's okay.   We're having a taco bar this year, which I'm sure would have St. Stephen rolling in his grave, but it sounded like a good idea this year.  Too much "traditional" Christmas food wears thin I've found.  So taco bar it is.

I gave and received many yarny gifts this year, but I'll save the posting of them for later. 

Hoping everyone's Christmas was joyous and peaceful.

No comments:

Post a Comment