Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Thursday, December 22, 2011

Solstice

Today is my first day off from work and I've gotten a lot accomplished.  The cupboards are stocked with food, the gifts are wrapped, and most of the laundry is done.  I even gathered a large bag of items to take to the thrift store.  Stephanie and I ate lunch out at my favorite coffee shop and we've been sitting in the sunroom doing a little knitting and chatting while listening to Christmas music.  Meredith and Ryan are about three hours away, and Melissa will be over later too.  There will be baking and more knitting and chatting. 

Life is so good.  I hope your life is sweet too.

3 comments:

  1. Have a lovely Holiday with your family,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that does sound like life is so nice. Enjoy!

    Today I've baked two kinds of cookies, cleaned the house and then made three loaves of honey bread. Leo and I are discussing baking either cherry winks or sour cream cookies.

    Oh, yes, all the candles are lit.

    Thanks for the reminder to go throw another load in the machine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a perfect day. A nice way to relax into Christmas.

    ReplyDelete