Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Sunday, March 14, 2010

Sunday Night

Woke up feeling a lot better this morning. Not great, but better. I finished the body of the sweater last night and started the sleeve. I can't believe it's this far along! We got a notice from the city on Friday that a tree of ours needed pruning. It's something we've been meaning to take care of anyway, so today, Steve did. Before:



And after. It kind of resembles a truffaluff tree but it is a lot better. At least we're in compliance with the city. The funny thing is, this neighborhood doesn't exactly have the highest of standards and yet we managed to fall below them. Kind of embarrassing.


After I took a nap, Steve and I walked down to the beach. I haven't been there since the big snow and since the temperatures were in the sixties today, it was a great time to go.
Beautiful, isn't it?





It's a little discouraging to see how much erosion there is after this past winter.



I also finished Her Fearful Symmetry; couldn't put it down. If you haven't read it, you should.
Back to work tomorrow. I feel like I lost a weekend. It's similar to when I'm out of town on a weekend and I think of all the things I could be getting accomplished at home. Even though I didn't have anything planned, I still feel like I would have gotten something done. Oh well, next weekend, maybe.

3 comments:

  1. Your sweater is really coming along! It's going to be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sweater will be finished in time to wear it for walks on that lovely beach.
    Your tree looked so different after its haircut. I couldn't see what the city was concerned about until after the branches were gone. I get it but it's too bad. The tree looked pretty there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just finished that book, too. Loved it! We've been hacking down trees around here, too, come to think of it. Parallel lives?

    ReplyDelete