Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Green and Yellow and Blue

Moving along on the baby sweater, although it looks kind of big for a baby. This is the back (only about 5 more rows to go) and although I chose to knit the 6-12 month size, I think it looks pretty wide. Which isn't really a problem, better too big than too little. Still, it means that I will need another skein of each color, so I called my friends at Knitting Addiction who are so good at pulling and mailing whatever I need. Now the fun part will be matching up the stripes at the sides. I'd been thinking about doing the left side in solid green and the right in yellow, and having the stripes be a surprise in the back but I'm not sure. Now I'm leaning towards keeping the stripes throughout the body and doing each arm in a solid color. What do you think? Too odd? One thing I like is the fact that I'm semi-designing here, definitely a new step for me.

Gorgeous spring weather here, can't get home quick enough in the afternoons. Was going to go to the beach today but spent time pruning branches in the yard instead. Loving the afternoon daylight, how about you?

2 comments:

  1. I think the sleeves in solid (one of each?) would be lots of fun. Love that you're designing, now, too. Baby stuff is so much easier to play with - it's small.
    I agree...having longer days is such a mood brightener.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your idea of doing the fronts in solids and having the stripes be a surprise (I hope I understood that right).

    ReplyDelete