Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Snow Day, Slow Day

Living where I do, any snow at all calls for a snow day, and today we got one!

It may not look like much to most people, but our area has so little snow experience that our school buses are not prepared to drive on the uncleared roads and therefore our students aren't safe, so as silly as it may seem, it really makes sense.

Silly or not, we teachers always love a snow day, even if it plays havoc with our exam schedule. So I slept late, puttered around, and took a morning nap. I think I may still have a bit of this upper respiratory virus hanging on, so even though I feel like I've wasted part of a beautiful day, it is what it is.

Now for some knitting and comfort food eating. Oh, and kitty snuggling. Gracie is happy to oblige.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment