Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Again with the Snow

I went to a ski resort last weekend with seven other women, all teachers or school employees and we had a total blast! Some skied, some of us went to knitting shops, all of us laughed and talked and ate, and on Sunday, we all went tubing. So. Much. Fun. Here are a few photos:

The weather was cold and gorgeous and a wonderful opportunity to wear as many hand knits as possible!

This one was taken outside of The Needle Lady knitting shop and the Mudhouse coffee shop on the Charlottesville Mall; serious knitting discussion going on here.


But the amazing news is that it is snowing again!

And you see that red zone on the map? That's where I live, which means we are expected to get a foot of snow, which is practically unheard of around here. Today was our rescheduled teacher workday, and our new semester, which is already late getting started, will probably be postponed until Monday! Which means I'll be getting a lot of knitting, napping, and reading done. Thankfully I stopped by my local video store and rented the second season of Homeland. And yes, that means I don't have Netflix. I like to do things the old fashioned way.

Hope you are warm and toasty and safe, no matter where you are!

 

8 comments:

  1. So fun to see a Charlottesville picture - I grew up outside of Charlottesville and attended UVa. I have been to the Needle Lady too! My guess is you went to Wintergreen? Hope you are staying safe and warm in all the snow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we were at Wintergreen, which was beautiful! I love the UVA campus!

      Delete
  2. What a fund weekend. I am quite jealous. I don't have that many knitting friends here!

    I love The Needle Lady. Spent quite a bit of money there in August!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought quite a few patterns and just a tiny bit of yarn, as I'm trying to slow down the stash acquisition! Let me know when you'll be back in VA so we can do a meetup!

      Delete
  3. How Fun! Looks lile a great weekend, I would love to have to stay inside! I just signed up for Netflix yesterday, so you are not the only one living behind the times.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meredith, it was so nice. We stayed in a house that was owned by one of the teacher's brother and it was luxurious. I would have had no problem staying inside the whole time too, but the tubing was so fun, I'm glad I did it.

      Delete
  4. Stay safe and warm..enjoy your winter blast knitting

    ReplyDelete