Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Thursday, January 23, 2014

Snow and Sand

Our district gave us another snow day due to the icy roads. The temperature never went above 25 degrees yesterday, so even though much of the snow melted in the sunshine, the back roads are still unsafe for the school buses. I took advantage of the sun and absence of wind to walk down to the beach.

The front of the yard has lots of cover for the birds; even though you can't see them in this photo, there were a lot of them flitting about.

Snow and sand is an interesting color combo.

 

The water looked the same though.

 

Gracie and I enjoyed some bonding time.

And Melissa sent me this photo of her wearing a hat and scarf I knit for her, and the sweater and mittens her sister knit for her. She looks pretty toasty, doesn't she?

Keep warm!

 

4 comments:

  1. It looks like you are wearing a cat scarf. Your daughter looks very ram and cozy in all her knitted finery.
    Hugs to you and satay warm,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice photos - I've never been to the beach in the winter, particularly in the snow, but have always wanted to see it then.

    I love your kitty neck-warmer!

    And the picture of every knitted thing being worn made me feel warmer ... enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love when a grateful person sends a picture of them wearing my knits!!! its the best .

    ReplyDelete
  4. 25 degrees ABOVE zero? LOL! At this moment it is -30 with wind chill and we are having school. I suspect a lot of kids won't make it!

    Melissa looks so cozy and warm, I think she could handle Wisconsin cold!

    ReplyDelete