Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Sunday, January 12, 2014

January Knitting

January is a great time for knitting. A time to try new techniques, start projects without deadlines, and most importantly, at least where I live, the best time to wear all the wool goodness. We had a big drop in temperatures this past week and I loved it. Unfortunately, it's warmer now, and as a result, I now have the head gunk and sore throat that I get when the temperatures go up and down like a roller coaster.

But I was able to hang out and knit most of the day yesterday and I worked in my newest project, Paisley Cuffs, which is my first stranded color work project. It's a great beginner project and while I've made my share of mistakes, the ripping back is painless because it's such a small project. I love the colors I chose and I love that I'm using stash yarn. (The grey is Noro and the purple is Manos) I also got to use my pretty new stitch markers, bought from fibre space on the trip to DC we took a couple of weekends ago. I love pretty stitch markers and have a ton, but these are my favorite, because they are pretty and very lightweight, an awesome combo.

 
Haven't finished these mitts, mostly because I don't really like them. Can't decide if I should rip back or not.

This is my "knit when I don't have to pay attention" project, so it's not moving fast, but that's okay with me.

And even though I have these three going, and plenty more UFOs in the craft room, I'm getting a bit of startitis. So much knitting to do, so little time!

 

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about the startitis. I am experiencing sever bouts of it but am determined to get my crochet baby blanket done first.
    Hugs to you,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  2. I struggle with startitis on a regular basis -- actually, I don't struggle with it -- but rather I give into it! There are worse sins.

    ReplyDelete