Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Sunday, May 27, 2012

Weekending

 

It is an absolutely beautiful day this morning. The windows are open, the sun is shining, birds are singing, and the breeze is blowing the curtains in that way that means spring to me.

 

I still haven't decided what my next real knitting project is going to be, but in the interim, I decided to knit another one of my Knit Through The Stash projects.

This is the Big Lace Scarf from More Last Minute Knitted Gifts, using a skein of Quince & Co. Bulky on size 17 needles. Not so easy on the hands, but it is a quick knit. I think this one will go in the gift box. I used to love knitting with bulky yarn, but now, not so much. Funny how one's taste changes.

 

I plan on doing a lot of decluttering and cleaning around the house this weekend. Oddly enough, I didn't remember it was a three day weekend until Thursday! I think I'm in denial about the fact that there is only three more weeks of school left.

 

I saw The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel (simply wonderful!) yesterday with my mom and Melissa. Afterwards, the three of us went to the coffee shop next door, and I took this photo. I love it.

Isn't this chair wonderful? Mosaic is still on my to-do list; maybe this will be the summer for it.

Now I'm off to the beach. Hope you have a lovely day ahead.

3 comments:

  1. I am wanting to see that movie, too. I saw MIB-3 instead.

    That mosaic chair is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That movie is definitely on my list! And the chair would look perfect at your house.
    Two beautiful women, for sure. Such great smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you are having a perfect weekend, love the color of the yarn.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete