Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Monday, May 28, 2012

Cooking, Sort Of

I made Swiss chard for dinner last night using this recipe, and it was amazingly good. I took barefoot rooster's idea and added two over easy eggs and oh my, it was delicious.

I'm also trying this recipe for iced coffee. I'll let you know how it tastes.

I just read my previous post and it seems like I was planning on cleaning this weekend. Oh well, that didn't happen. I did a lot of reading instead, which is okay too. I also made a homemade strawberry cake with filling for my parent's anniversary lunch. I used my old Betty Crocker cookbook, the one I got in 1978, for the recipes (cake, filling, and frosting), and it was delicious.

 

Other than going to the beach and getting a sunburn (I only get burned once a decade), that's about all I did. Oh, and I started a baby kimono (Mason Dixon Knitting) for a new baby boy.

Hope you had a relaxing weekend. I sure did.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment