Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Thursday, May 3, 2012

That Time of Year

The graduation announcements have started coming.  I get to attend my niece's college graduation tomorrow night, and my other niece's high school graduation next month. So nice.  So proud of them.

I gave the blue and brown baby sweater a bath last night and it is almost dry.  I've found that Yarn Harlot's advice about treating it as gently as you would the actual baby is the easiest knitting advice ever to remember.  Sewing on the buttons tonight (hopefully), then in the mail it goes.  I was digging around in my project basket and found I had another sweater done, also just waiting on buttons, plus two more that are nearly finished.  I don't remember why I cast so many on at the same time, but it will be nice to have so many finished all at once.  One of them is for a specific baby, but the other two will be held in reserve.  I think it's time to cast on for a couple of new projects, but should I cast on for the projects I've already earmarked, or should I use some of my newest yarn?  I love these types of quandries, don't you?

I am going to visit my former father-in-law in the hospital tonight, as he is having some health issues.  Melissa and I are going to go together, after getting dinner.  Steve is playing tennis; he just joined a local league and is loving it.  I wish I could still play, but all these feet issues make it impractical, if not unwise, for me to try.

School is still going great.  So great in fact, that I'm actually kind of dreading the end of the year.  Maybe it's because I may be making a change, but I think it has something to do with the kids too, as they are really a nice group.  It may also be related to the fact that we have a smaller than average number of kids this year, which allows us to really get to know them well.  Anyway, I have started clearing out my back storage room and file cabinet, so I don't have such a massive job to do in June. 

I've figured out one reason why I haven't been to the beach much:  spring flowers.  Our garden has so many lovely blooms that I've been enjoying sitting on our deck and haven't felt the need to get to the beach.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it!


No comments:

Post a Comment