Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Thursday, May 17, 2012

Hmm

I was pretty excited about my mom's Mother's Day gift this year. I called it a beach/spa basket, and I started collecting things for it over spring break. Meredith and I went to a Home Goods store, and I bought a pair of fluffy pink slipper socks, a candle with a seashell trinket, and some good smelling soap. I added two Coastal Living magazines and a thrifted seashell tote bag. I was going to put everything into the canvas bag, but on my Saturday thrift shop visit I found this basket decorated with shells, so I put everything in it instead. Cute, huh?  It even came with the bow!

Random food photo: the macaroni and cheese I made the other night, mostly using this recipe, from Pioneer Woman's blog.  I sliced and pan fried a beef sausage for the non-vegetarians to add to it, but sadly for them, I ate the whole thing myself.  Decadent but delicious!


I have a knitting dilemma. I made this manta ray shawl about six months ago and I dislike it. I mean I really, really dislike it. It's an odd shape that doesn't work; I like the yarn but it's not like I need to keep it.  Should I donate it or frog it?

I know this post is even more disjointed than usual, but I'm in a state of anxiety for a couple of reasons. First, I didn't get to sleep until about 1:00 a.m. this morning due to an unfortunate decision to indulge in an iced mocha around 6:00p.m. last night, and secondly, my high stakes end of course standardized state test is being administered to my students tomorrow. I will be so glad when it is over.



**I'm not sure what happened to my last post....the photo-less one. Hmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment